Click here for spreadsheet of Race Grading as at 4 November 2016
After extensive data collecting and many hours of spreadsheet work we now have a better Race grading system. This is not perfect as it relies on original data being correct. So some people have 2 names or no data. This is a work in progress.
Please check the latest updated spreadsheet showing your current grade and your grade history. Use the EDIT/ "Find and replace" function to find your name and grade. If you have a query please email to email@example.com
CycleSport WA promotes fair competition in all grades of any cycling event through the use of the following grading system.
The CycleSport WA Race Management Committee and Technical Committee have decided in the best interests of Junior rider safety that the following gradings be applied for Juniors in mixed age events: * providing on rollout as per Cycling Australia technical regulations.
The State Race Grading Committee may change a riders grade at their discretion.
1. Riders nominate in their grade as per the "Race Grading" above . The start list will reflect your grading for that event and may differ from your entry.
2. Riders can grade up by entering a higher grade at event registration. You will be expected to stay in this grade, for future events till you ask to come down a grade- as per point 7 and 8 below. You can not move down a grade unless moved by the State Grading Committee.
3. New riders are recommended to select a grade based on the following:
A Grade or Open
Suitable for riders who:
B grade or Support 1
Suitable for riders who:
C Grade or Support 2
D Grade or Support 3
4. At the start of the year each rider should commence racing in the grade the same as the year before.
5. Data for grading can be sourced from previous events, club events, CycleSport WA Road Rider Series, Cycle Nation or any source that allows a comparison of riders.
6. The CycleSport WA State Race Grading Committee will Handicap events/races.
7. Riders can seek grading down by submitting a note to CycleSport WA, addressed to the CycleSport WA State Race Grading Committee, at least 7 days before an event. Re grading may be considered on the following grounds:
11. All riders will need to consult the Grade stated on the CycleSport WA Race Grading webpage for their grade.
12. Riders will be notified of the changed CycleSport WA Race Grading webpage via enews.
National Road Series
Find out all the latest event information regarding the National Road Series events.